Hokuto's Commission Guide
Last updated: 31 May 2023. All commissions are OPEN for the month of June.SLOTS
4. EMPTYI am currently out of college and unemployed; as such, I have no excuse not to meet reasonable deadlines.
Click on any image to view it in full size. Click the end of this sentence for a look at older works. Feel free to use any posted image to describe or compare to what you want.
2021 (For Others)
2020 (For Others)
MOST PRICES ARE ESTIMATES; ACTUAL COSTS MAY VARY. Click to view a detailed guide to your options.Baseline Prices
- Headshots and Busts: $12
- Halfbody: $16
- Fullbody: $20Presets (fixed price)
- Dloodle Deal A: $3/a coffee on Ko-fi (your prompt; fast and loose pencil sketch, no revisions)
- Dloodle Deal B: $6/2 coffees on Ko-Fi (your prompt; I interpret it how I want)
- Dloodle Deal C: 10% discount on experimental pieces (experiment of the timeslot: watercolor pencil)
- Dloodle Deal D: 50% discount if you let me do a bad job, for the LOLZ
- Profile Pic: $10 (digital headshot, colored with solid lines, simple background)
- One-Page Wonder: $20 (digital fullbody, colored with solid lines, simple background)
- Secret Bonus: either I apply it or I don't
- Traditional: colored pencil, graphite pencil, and/or ink on paper (delivered as original resolution JPG; USPS option available for Hawaiʻi residents)
- Digital: graphics tablet on FireAlpaca (delivered as PNG or JPG, in original resolution and a smaller file if applicable)
- Ask about any other medium; I just haven’t listed them or provided samples because these aren’t usually in demand.Lines
- pencil or ink sketch (traditional)/(digital) sketch: -10%
- lines (traditional/digital): default
- lineless (digital only): +$4*When I refer to open or closed lines, both styles are solid lines that are cleaner than sketches.Coloring
- colorless (lineart only; traditional or digital, cannot be shaded): -20%
- grayscale (digital or pencil): no extra charge
- full color: default
- markmaking (traditional)/textured (digital): +10%
- ink markmaking with color: +20%
- cel shading on any piece except reference sheets: +20%; added after everything elseBackground
- Default: paper color (traditional)/transparent, flat color, gradient, or flag (digital)
- +$1: cutout background (traditional), simple background (digital)
- +25-100%: complex background (any medium)Add-Ons
- Characters past the first: +75% per character
- Props: +10% (from baseline) per simple prop (inquire about complex props)Other Features
- Available orientation: portrait, landscape, square, artist’s choice
- Access to traditional concept art (if applicable): +$1/page
- Original design/no refs: +50%, comes with an extra revision
- Reference sheet (digital only): $36/2 views or $50/3 views; full body, clean lineart, full color, no shading, reference background, +1 revision
- Background only: contact for quote
Terms of Service
I: the artist; you: the client; my work/your piece: the good/service I provide to you
I will do: humanoids (including fantasy), animals (feral, anthro, pets), monsters, fanart (including copyrighted characters; inquire within), Twitch emotes (inquire within).
I don’t do: NSFW (sexual, violent, or otherwise), horror, heavy mecha (sorry), anything I perceive as significantly beyond my skill level. If you don’t see something covered in the ToS, ask!- I reserve the right to reject any commission proposal with or without an explanation. I also reserve the right to reject any commissioner.
- All prices are in USD. 40% must be paid before I begin your piece. I accept pay through Paypal (preferred) or Ko-fi. You are under no circumstances allowed to share my deadname (associated with my PayPal) unless actual legal action or something is being taken.
- References may be digital and/or written and sufficiently detailed regardless of medium. Multiple references can be provided if necessary.
- Please hold me to a reasonable deadline. Don’t rush me, but don’t let me idle too long. If you have a set deadline, let me know before you pay.
- I offer one round of major revisions for the initial sketch unless otherwise specified.
- I will offer a full refund if for any reason I cannot complete your piece or if you cancel before receiving the initial sketch. I will offer a 40% refund before the coloring stage and no refund during or after coloring if you cancel then.
- Your piece will be signed and dated by me. Please don’t remove or imitate my signature.
- I retain the rights to my work, but not your characters or ideas.
- Unless an agreement is reached before payment, you may not commercially reproduce my work, including for prints, cover art, or other merchandise.
- You may post my work (with credit) on social media or other platforms, as well as crop or otherwise edit it for noncommercial use such as icons or forum banners.
- Unless specifically requested, I also reserve the right to include your piece in a gallery or similar display to inform future commissioners.
- To signal that you read the full ToS, include the word “Kinubo” in your proposal.
Please direct any additional questions to @Hokuto#6548 on Discord or [email protected]. I will do my best to respond in 48 hours.
A special note on hands: I generally do not draw hands in headshots or busts; however, I am willing to do so for $1 extra per hand (limit 3).
Here are some thumbnails to help you price backgrounds.
|Clean lines, colored||Clean lines, colorless|
|Light sketch marks, grayscale||Clean lines, markmaking|
|Rough sketch, colorless||Light sketch marks, colored|
In case you were wondering, yes, I prefer drawing traditionally over drawing digitally.